Welcome to UNYPA
Right Here Right Now
Established in 2015, the RHRH Uganda platform is composed of 14 civil society organizations working to ensure the realization of improved social political and policy environment for the health of all young people in Uganda. The platform focus on advocacy aimed at recognizing an inclusive environment for the realization of the reproductive health rights of young people in Uganda. The platform seeks to work for the protection, respect and fulfillment of young people’s Sexual Reproductive health and rights including, girls, young women and young lesbians’ gays, bisexuals and trans genders (LGBTIQ) and young people living with HIV/AIDS. The platform pays specific attention to freedom from stigma, discrimination and violence; access to comprehensive youth services, access to comprehensive SRHR information and an active and increasing space for young people’s voices.
The members of the platform include; Names of the partners: Action Group for Health, Human Rights
and HIV/AIDS Uganda (AGHA-U), Centre for Health, Human Rights and Development (CEHURD), Children of the World Foundation (COW), Human Rights Awareness and Promotion Forum Uganda (HRAPF), Human Rights Network Uganda (HURINET), Reach a Hand Uganda (RAHU), Muvubuka Agunjuse Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health, Information and Service Provision Centre (MUAG), Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU), Sexual Minorities Uganda (SMUG), Uganda Health and Science Press Association (UHSPA), Uganda Network of Young People Living with HIV& AIDS (UNYPA), Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum (UYAHF), Uganda Youth Alliance on Family Planning and Adolescent Health (UYAFPAH) and Youth Equality Centre (YEC)
- Transparency and accountability: The platform works towards realisation of transparency and
accountability and of duty bearers to ensure that they support effective implementation of their
commitments including SRHR services to the target group
- Inclusivity and Non-discrimination: Based on the initial objectives, non-discrimination for
effective realisation of its goal the platform advocates for an inclusive environment with equal
opportunities and access to services without any form of discrimination and stigma.
- Integrity: The platform upholds and promotes clear ethical values for the effective
implementation and realisation of the set goals.
- Being considerate of young people: Major focus will be on young people's meaningful
participation, full access to RHR services and information to ensure full realisation of the young
- Rights based approach: Realising the significance of RBA, the platform activities shall be
governed by the principles of rights-based approach that creates demands and ensures
responses from duty bearers.
- Youthfulness; Whereas the platform members comprise persons of various ages, one clear
attribute is that all members should have a passion for the plight of young peoples’ SRH well
- Commitment; The members of the platform are committed to advocating for SRHR for young
people irrespective of sexual orientation and to ensure inclusivity
- Boldness; As member organizations of the platform we believe that Human Rights are universal
and are not a reserve of those groups that are viewed as “normal” or “acceptable.” As such the
platform members believe that all advocacy issues that fall within the objectives of the project
will be equally championed without reservation